Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 39
The Promises and Perils of Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is here to stay. And it it will transform how we work and play. On his podcast last week, Tim Ferriss interviewed Eric Schmitt — who ran Google from 2001-2011 and who recently co-authored a book called The Age of AI: And Our Human Future. This is a fascinating interview — a must-listen if you wish to understand AI and its implications for our future.
From the Archives
A Blood-and-Gore Story with Big Business Lessons
In honor of Halloween, I’m pulling one from the archives today. It’s about a show-off surgeon, and it starts like this: “I’m not a surgeon. And I don’t play one on TV. But I know this much: If you’re operating on ONE patient, and THREE people die, you’ve botched the job.”
Read on for the gory details…
…and the business lessons.
Business Lessons from Tim Cook
Apple CEO Tim Cook celebrates his 61st birthday today. Here’s a video in which he shares five business tips. You don’t have to run a multi-billion-dollar company to benefit from these tips. They apply to us all. And they apply to marketing and sales, not just leadership.
Which Media Work Best? A Fascinating and Funny Look…
Here’s another great post from the strategist/humorist Tom Fishburne, a.k.a The Marketoonist. He cites an article that says, “A significant number of marketers…look at their own highly unrepresentative media consumption and use that as a proxy for their media planning.” In other words, many marketers choose media channels that they consume, rather than those that work best for their business. Lots of lessons in this post. And lots of laughs with the cartoon.
Words to Ponder
From Tim Cook, re: Steve Jobs
“Maybe the most under-appreciated thing about Steve was that he had the courage to change his mind. And you know — it’s a talent.”
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...