Why You Should Implement the Proven Thing, Not Chase the “Next Big Thing”
Soon after I began the shelter-from-home thing back in 2020, a friend invited me to join Clubhouse. It was a new app that allowed people to converse in audio chat rooms.
He said it was THE NEXT BIG THING.
I didn’t sign up right away. But I kept hearing the Clubhouse BUZZ…
….The usual stuff that surrounds an over-hyped tool.
So-called gurus telling us we HAVE TO be on Clubhouse. Profiteers promoting programs to “kill it on Clubhouse.” And so forth.
I bowed to the hype for a moment, downloaded the app, and checked in to some of the “rooms.”
Then I CHECKED OUT of Clubhouse and haven’t been back since.
The hype continued, though, at least for a while.
I have to admit I occasionally wondered: “Should I give Clubhouse another try? Am I missing out on something big here?”
But I stayed tuned out.
Turns out the hype is fading. The article says people are moving on from Clubhouse to “find the next big thing.”
We don’t need a NEXT big thing.
We need to master the big things we already have.
I know so many business people who chase the latest shiny-object tool or tactic every time it appears on their radar. Clubhouse is just the latest.
They can’t help themselves. They fear they’ll miss out if they don’t chase that shiny squirrel.
That’s the thing about all the shiny new objects that pop up online. They trigger FOMO — fear of missing out.
As business people chase that shiny new squirrel, they half-ass the rest of their marketing. They spend a lot of time running in different directions. They don’t zero in on strategies and tactics that are proven to attract and land clients.
Here’s the thing:
FOMO is no way to run a business.
You can do better. You can resist FOMO. You can choose a more direct path to client-attracting success.
Focus on tried-and-true marketing strategies that worked yesterday and will work tomorrow.
One proven strategy: Power up your stories so your content captivates prospects and inspires them to act. That’s how great marketers have done it for decades.
Start with the stories on your website, emails, webinars/seminars, and sales presentations. Get this down before you chase another squirrel.
Want some examples of how marketing masters created and delivered client-attracting stories? Download my free eBook:
You can grab a copy here: storypowermarketing.com/5secrets
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...