Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.05.23
Seth Godin on Quality vs. Quantity
Here’s another short blog post from Seth Godin that packs a big punch.
Here’s a bit from the post…
“The media and our culture push us to build something for everyone, to sand off the edges and to invest in infrastructure toward scale. But it turns out that quality, magic and satisfaction can lie in the other direction. Not because we can’t get bigger, but because we’d rather be better.”
George Carlin’s American Dream
Over the weekend, Melissa and I watched the new HBO documentary “George Carlin’s American Dream.” Directed by Judd Apatow and Michael Bonfiglio, the two-part documentary traces Carlin’s evolution from well-dressed, mainstream comedian to hippy-dippy counter-cultural dude to dressed-in-black, pull-no-punches political commentator.
Warning: Carlin may offend you. But you probably already know that.
Carlin’s story is fascinating. And this documentary is worth watching — even if you don’t agree with Carlin’s worldview.
Must Read and View
Lean on Me: A Celebration of our Humanity
Thank you, Rob Howze, for this beautiful post on LinkedIn.
Rob is a great businessman and musician. He recorded a cover version of the song Lean on Me and used it as the soundtrack for a video montage of random acts of kindness.
I love this!
Why You Think You’re Right – Even When You’re Wrong
I love this TED talk from Julie Galef. The summary…
Perspective is everything, especially when it comes to examining your beliefs. Are you a soldier, prone to defending your viewpoint at all costs — or a scout, spurred by curiosity? Julia Galef examines the motivations behind these two mindsets and how they shape the way we interpret information, interweaved with a compelling history lesson from 19th-century France. When your steadfast opinions are tested, Galef asks: “What do you most yearn for? Do you yearn to defend your own beliefs or do you yearn to see the world as clearly as you possibly can?”
re: the Inspirational Power of Longing
“If you wish to build a ship, do not divide the men into teams and send them to the forest to cut wood. Instead, teach them to long for the vast and endless sea.”
– French aviator and writer Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...