Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.02.14
From the Archives
How a Hotel Owner Discovered the Story to Skyrocket Sales
Happy Valentine’s Day, dear subscriber.
In honor of the holiday, I share with you a post from my archives about a hotelier who discovered that he sells romance, not a comfy bed and warm meal.
Once he discovered what he really sells, his business took off.
You can do the same. Start by reading this.
How to Build a Bliss Station
In this short video, artist and author Daniel Kleon tells Daniel Pink how to create a “bliss station.”
What’s a bliss station????
Kleon explains: “It’s either a special time or a special place in which we disconnect from the world so that we can connect with ourselves.”
It starts with “making your smartphone dumb again.” Check it out to learn the rest…
How to Communicate with Humans
This one is from the great John Carlton’s spectacular blog, the rant. I’m not going to break it down here. I’m just going to say, read it because it’s really good. You’ll get a lot out of it the first time. Then re-read it. This lessons keep coming.
A Book About Cults & More
I’m reading a fascinating book (thanks to my friend Vance Morris for recommending it): Cultish by Amanda Montell. On its surface, this is a book about Jonestown, the Manson family, and other infamous cults. But really, this is a book about the power of language and the psychology of belonging.
In the wrong hands, this power can lead to murder and mayhem. But this is not a handbook for sociopaths.
This is a valuable guide for ethical business people who aim to attract a following, engage prospects, and build a community of delighted clients.
Words to Ponder
Frederick Douglass was born on this day in 1818, he said…
“People might not get all they work for in this world, but they must certainly work for all they get.”
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...