Loads of Leads Won’t Always Help. Here’s Why…
I met last week with a business owner who was hungry to get new leads.
As I dove deeper with him, I learned he has NO idea how to nurture those leads. His plan: Pitch them immediately and pitch them hard.
He’s one of those “Pleased to meet you. Will you marry me?” types.
The minute he meets a lead, he’s pitching. It rarely works. So all he can do is collect leads, pitch, and move on when they ignore him or say “Get lost!”
That’s why he’s constantly searching for more leads.
I told the business owner I wasn’t the marketing consultant for him. But he won’t have to look far to find someone who will promise to fill his bucket with loads of leads.
My friend Ted Prodromou and I had a great conversation about this recently.
Ted literally wrote THE book on LinkedIn marketing. It’s called, “The Ultimate Guide to LinkedIn for Business.”
Ted’s all about QUALITY, not quantity. You don’t need buckets full of leads if you know how to establish business-building relationships with them.
When we spoke, Ted put it this way: “I see guys say, ‘I can get you 100 leads a week on LinkedIn!” Do you really need 100 leads a week?”
No, Ted says, not if you know how to cultivate relationships with those you meet.
Ted and I see eye-to-eye on this and much more……including our frustration with LinkedIn robo-callers who pound us with cold-call connection requests.
The first line of Ted’s LinkedIn profile says, “Are you auto-blasting templated messages AT your LinkedIn connections?”
And if you are auto-blasting templated messages AT your LinkedIn connections, Ted says:
“STOP IT! You are damaging your brand and pissing off your connections.”
Which brings me back to my conversation with Ted. I recorded it and turned it into the latest episode of The Story Power Marketing Show.
The episode is called: “How NOT to Damage Your Brand and Piss Off Your Customers.”
There’s marketing gold in this episode.
You can tune in at:
StoryPowerMarketing.show | Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify…
…or wherever you listen to your favorite podcast.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...