How to Crank Out Client-attracting Content — The Easy Way
Last week, Ben Settle promoted his book Breakneck Content for sale at a 20% discount.
The book is all about how to crank out business-building content.
As usual, Ben cranked out tons of emails to promote the sale – at least one per day, sometimes more.
I already have the book so I wasn’t shopping. But I was reading…
…because I always discover something interesting and new when I read his emails.
Here’s what caught me eye last week:
He described Breakneck Content as “The July 2019 Email Players issue converted to ‘book’ form – very short, quick read.”
Email Players is the print newsletter Ben sends to subscribers who pay $97/month.
He sells the book for $188.
Let’s boil this down…
Ben Settle took a newsletter he’d already written…
…turned it into a book…
…and sold it for almost twice as much as he charged for it in its original form.
Marketers call that “repurposing content.”
And if you want to crank out more and better content with less effort…
You must repurpose.
Here’s a short list of how I’ve done it. I’ve repurposed:
- Content from an email I sent to a single prospect and turned it into a bulk email I sent to my list.
- An email I sent to my list and turned it into talking points (rough script) for videos I posted on YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Videos I previously created and packaged them into a Video e-Course that I used to attract and engage new leads.
- Excerpts from my podcast (video recordings) into short videos that I post on social media and YouTube.
- Old emails I’ve sent to my list and used them as the first draft for content in my upcoming book.
- Thank you emails I’ve received from happy clients and turned them into testimonials and case studies.
- Conversations I have in my group coaching program that I transcribe and turn into emails for my broader list.
…And the list goes on and on.
I shudder to think how much extra time and cost it would take to create all that content from scratch – WITHOUT repurposing stuff I created before.
I don’t think I could do it. And I know it wouldn’t be fun to try.
So if you’re struggling to crank out client-attracting content, try a little repurposing. It will make your life so much easier.
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...