How to Crank Out Client-attracting Content — The Easy Way
Last week, Ben Settle promoted his book Breakneck Content for sale at a 20% discount.
The book is all about how to crank out business-building content.
As usual, Ben cranked out tons of emails to promote the sale – at least one per day, sometimes more.
I already have the book so I wasn’t shopping. But I was reading…
…because I always discover something interesting and new when I read his emails.
Here’s what caught me eye last week:
He described Breakneck Content as “The July 2019 Email Players issue converted to ‘book’ form – very short, quick read.”
Email Players is the print newsletter Ben sends to subscribers who pay $97/month.
He sells the book for $188.
Let’s boil this down…
Ben Settle took a newsletter he’d already written…
…turned it into a book…
…and sold it for almost twice as much as he charged for it in its original form.
Marketers call that “repurposing content.”
And if you want to crank out more and better content with less effort…
You must repurpose.
Here’s a short list of how I’ve done it. I’ve repurposed:
- Content from an email I sent to a single prospect and turned it into a bulk email I sent to my list.
- An email I sent to my list and turned it into talking points (rough script) for videos I posted on YouTube, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Videos I previously created and packaged them into a Video e-Course that I used to attract and engage new leads.
- Excerpts from my podcast (video recordings) into short videos that I post on social media and YouTube.
- Old emails I’ve sent to my list and used them as the first draft for content in my upcoming book.
- Thank you emails I’ve received from happy clients and turned them into testimonials and case studies.
- Conversations I have in my group coaching program that I transcribe and turn into emails for my broader list.
…And the list goes on and on.
I shudder to think how much extra time and cost it would take to create all that content from scratch – WITHOUT repurposing stuff I created before.
I don’t think I could do it. And I know it wouldn’t be fun to try.
So if you’re struggling to crank out client-attracting content, try a little repurposing. It will make your life so much easier.
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...