Home For The Holidays and Other Blessings…
The wonders of technology. My wife, Melissa, and I spent yesterday checking the “Find My Friends” app on our iPhones, tracking the missing piece in our family’s home-for-the-holidays puzzle
Our son Jake hit the road early, with his dog Cooper in tow, to drive from his home in Fort Collins to ours in St. Louis. We tracked his progress all day.
Looked like Jake and Cooper would roll in around 7:30.
So we whipped up a pan of chicken tikka masala and a pot of jasmine rice…
…and we waited.
Jake’s twin sister, Maddie, arrived last Thursday.
She discovered on our shelves some old cookbooks, relics from the 1930s, that belonged to her great-grandmother Liz, my Dad’s mother.
On page 542 of the The Settlement Cookbook, Maddie found recipes for cocktails.
Our refrigerator was stuffed with lemons, limes, and oranges, and the liquor cabinet had plenty of whiskey so Maddie whipped up a batch of Whiskey Sours – just like Grandma Liz used to make…
…And we sipped and waited.
The second batch of sours was ready just in time for Jake’s arrival.
Maddie greeted him at the door with a hug and a cocktail.
Our dog, Moose, greeted Cooper with some friendly wrestling.
And then we sat down for dinner – the four of us (and our dogs)…
I woke this morning, ready for one last day of work before the holiday kicked in. I was gearing up to write one of my story-with-a-business-lesson emails.
But I decided, instead, to share this home-for-the-holidays story, and then take the rest of the day off.
The gang’s all here.
Time to soak that in.
Time sit by the fireplace and count our blessings.
Time to celebrate the season, tell stories, play games, feast with family, toast old relatives.
Work can wait.
I hope you soak it in, too.
Count your blessings. Connect with family and friends. Enjoy the holidays.
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...