Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 46
Recommended Viewing / Listening
How to Answer Sales Objections
Aleasha Bahr is a sales and marketing strategist known for showing solopreneurs the Secret Art of Subtle Selling.
She was recently a guest on my podcast, The Story Power Marketing Show, and she dropped one valuable truth bomb after another.
In this excerpt, we discuss how to answer sales objections.
The Power of Sacred Time
Twice a day, I carve out dedicated time for writing. Every day. No excuses.
In his awesome blog, The Daily Stoic, Ryan Holiday describes this as “sacred time.”
He writes: “A few minutes or a few hours, in the morning, at night or in the middle of the day, this idea of sacred time is important. You have to carve it out.”
You can read the rest of this short, valuable post here.
My Octopus Teacher and the Habit of Noticing
Last week, my wife, Melissa, and I watched an extraordinary movie — My Octopus Teacher. It’s a documentary about a burnt out filmmaker who spends a year swimming in tidal pools off the western cape of South Africa. There he meets an octopus.
Words can’t do it justice. Just watch the trailer and then the movie. Profound life and business lessons — including the importance of getting out of your own head and noticing the world around you. When you open your eyes and notice, you discover so much. Here’s the trailer.
You Have More Influence than You Think
The Power of Dishing Out Compliments
I’ve devoured several Daniel Pink books (A Whole New Mind is my favorite), and I love his The Pinkcast podcast.
Episode 4.15 with Vanessa Bohns is a standout. Bohns is the author of You Have More Influence than You Think: How We Underestimate Our Power of Persuasion, and Why It Matters. (I haven’t read it, but it’s on my to-read list).
In this excerpt from the podcast episode, she and Daniel discuss the power of compliments — why we’re reluctant to dish them out and the great 360-degree benefits we generate when we overcome that hesitation.
Words to Ponder
Daniel Pink Says the Future Belongs to Storytellers
“The future belongs to a different kind of person with a different kind of mind: artists, inventors, storytellers — creative and holistic ‘right-brain’ thinkers.”
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...