A-List Copywriter: How to Create Great Content Without Getting Stuck
Yesterday, I interviewed A-List copywriter Jack Turk for an upcoming episode of my podcast, The Story Power Marketing Show.
Wow! Jack delivered the goods! So many gold nuggets about how to create great, client-attracting content without getting stuck.
I’ll let you know when the episode goes live (later this week).
For now, a sneak peek…
We talked about writer’s block and how so many business people get stuck in front of the blank screen.
Long before he became one of the world’s top copywriters, Jack took some playwriting courses in college. This is what he said about that…
“One of the first things you do (when writing a play) is what’s called the ‘collection.’ You don’t just start off and put down act one, scene one. So at the collection process, (you) start gathering things and throwing them in the bucket. And then (you’re) taking things out of the bucket and putting them down logically, sequentially, into a structure. That works. That’s been proven.”
Same goes for screenwriting.
Same goes for business storytelling.
Don’t sit at a blank screen and let ‘er rip. Odds are you’ll get stuck. The pressure will crush you. The stress will nag you.
Instead, start by collecting pieces that you can later assemble into a finished product.
Playwrights call that collection.
At Story Power Marketing, we call that story discovery.
When you do it this way, you relieve pressure and stress.
“The collection is where you’re free of all stress, free of all pressure, free of all sense of self-evaluation over the quality…about the final product you want to have at the end,” Jack said.
That sounds pretty good. And, I know from experience, that’s a true story.
That’s why I focus so much with my clients on how to master story discovery. It cures writer’s block, relieves stress, releases the pressure…
…so you can assemble powerful, client-attracting content with greater comfort and ease.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...