Fwd: Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 41
Guy Kawasaki and Seth Godin
Guy Kawasaki and Seth Godin are two of my marketing heroes. And in this episode of Kawasaki’s “Remarkable People” podcast, they’re together talking about the current state of marketing. This is one of those podcast episodes that I’ll replay many times.
A Familiar and Funny Customer Service Nightmare
Here’s a sketch from the Nov. 6 episode of Saturday Night Live that portrays what happens when a customer tries to cancel his Spectrum television account. It’s hilarious. And it’s loaded with lots of customer service and marketing lessons.
Walt Disney and The Power of Questions
Drew McLellan runs a marketing agency in Des Moines that publishes a great blog.
Here’s a post I especially like. It’s one in a series of seven posts about Walt Disney and the habits/beliefs that drove his success. In this post, he explores the power of questions. Valuable lessons if you want to understand and connect with your prospects and clients.
More Recommended Viewing
Warning: Don’t Watch This if You Don’t Like Poo Jokes
Consider yourself warned. This video is titled “Girls Don’t Poop” (which of course isn’t true). It’s an ad for an air freshener called Poo~Pourri. And it’s hilarious. Chock full of great poo puns (if you dare to watch this, let me know your favorite).
Seriously, though, this is a great marketing piece. Pay attention to the part about their Amazon sales numbers and reviews. Great example marketing proof.
Words to Ponder
The Difference Between Marketing & CONTENT Marketing
“Marketing is telling the world you’re a rock star. Content Marketing is showing the world you are one.”
– Robert Rose, Chief Strategy Officer, The Content Advisory
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...