Turn Frustration to Fascination and Good Things Happen
I’m enjoying a book called “Blessed Beyond Measure,” by Dr. Tom Hill.
On page 69, Dr. Hill offers an idea that got my attention:
Some time ago, I intentionally began using the word “fascinated” when I felt like saying something frustrated me…I realized the frustrating quality of situations causing me to feel frustrated naturally include a legitimate — maybe even equal — fascination.
That’s a powerful idea — an idea that can help you build powerful business-building stories.
Here’s what I mean…
We’ve all experienced this: Our messages don’t stick. Prospects don’t respond. They yawn and tune out. They FRUSTRATE us.
What happens, though, when we turn that frustration to fascination?
Our prospects are FASCINATING. Run with that.
The more we embrace this, the more fun and interesting it is to discover what makes prospects tick.
Why did they tune out? Fascinating question.
What keeps them up at night? Fascinating question.
What do they crave? Fascinating question.
The more we study them, the more we get to know them.
And the more we get to know them, the better able we are to craft marketing messages that mean something to them. Messages that reflect our prospects’ challenges and wishes. Messages that attract them, keep them tuned in and inspire them to act.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...