The Dirty Little Secret About the “Best Content Money Can Buy”
A couple of days ago, I told you about a sad-sack business owner who decided “email doesn’t work” because it hasn’t worked for her.
She was hunting for a content delivery channel that works.
I wrote to her and said the problem might be her content, not the delivery channel.
I’ve been doing this for a long time, and I’ve heard from lots of business people who say, email or social media or direct mail or blogging doesn’t work…
…when, really, their content is the problem.
You can have the fanciest, most powerful marketing tools in the universe, and, still…
You’ll get feeble results if you dish out feeble content.
I mentioned this to Sad Sack. She didn’t want to hear it.
“I have the best content money can buy,” she sniffed. And then she named two services she uses.
Yep. She has invested a chunk of change in two very popular services that make it super-duper easy to be a content-distribution machine.
Find an article you like. Cut/paste the article into your email software, and — voila! – you’re dishing out content.
You can buy pre-written content, too. Or you can get one of those AI-robot to generate content that covers the topic du jour and reads as if a human wrote it.
But here’s the problem:
Third-party and robot-generated content is NOT written by YOU, and your readers know it.
When you open one of MY emails, you know it’s from me. It’s ALL me. Things I read. Movies I saw. Sad sacks I met. Funny things my dog, Moose, did. Adventures I had. Mistakes I made. Lessons I learned. Slices of my life…
…all with some useful information or lessons you can apply to your business.
You get to know ME when you read my emails…
…and I hope you get to like and trust me a little, too.
The point of great content: Build and strengthen a RELATIONSHIP between you and your reader/viewer.
Third-party or robot-generated content doesn’t do that. It may be the fastest content money can buy. But it ain’t the best (not even close).
If you want to generate captivating, relationship-building content that keeps ‘em coming back and consistently leads readers to the bottom of your emails (Hello, friend. Glad to see you here, near the bottom of this email)…
…you need to unplug the third-party machine and fire the robot.
And even if you’re creating content yourself, you need to fire your inner-robot and quit dishing out the same “blah, blah, blah,” boring, just-the-facts content.
The better way:
Create informative, entertaining, unique content. Content that informs AND entertains. Content with personality.
I know…that seems harder than cutting/pasting pre-written content or unleashing the robots, but…
It’s far easier to generate info-taining, captivating, client-attracting content than you may imagine.
And it’s WAY MORE FUN AND FULFILLING to create content like this…
…if you have systems and processes to do it with greater confidence, consistency, and ease.
I have some open spots in the my group coaching program where I teach those systems and processes and provide lots of one-on-one guidance to…
…help members transform content from “blah” to “ah-ha!” and transform content-creation from frustrating to fun and fulfilling.
If you’d like to learn more, reply to this email and I’ll circle back with some details.
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...