Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 26
Anne Lamott on The Tim Ferriss Show
Anne Lamott is one of my favorite writers. Her book Bird by Bird is must reading for anyone who wants to write better. It’s one of 19 books she’s published.
Last week, she was Tim Ferriss’ guest on his great podcast.
What an extraordinary interview! It’s two hours long so prepare to invest some time in it. But it’s time well-spent. After listening for the first time on Saturday, I plan to listen again — this time with my journal ready to take notes.
If you invest the time, you’ll be rewarded. I’d love to hear what you think after you listen.
Here’s the link…
Steel Fear by Brandon Webb and John David Mann
Brandon Webb is a former U.S. Navy SEAL turned businessman and author. John David Mann is an author best known as the co-author of the Go-Giver books. Webb and Mann cowrote six nonfiction books, including one of my favorites Mastering Fear.
Steel Fear is the pair’s debut thriller. Here’s how the publisher describes it: “An aircraft carrier adrift with a crew the size of a small town. A killer in their midst. And the disgraced Navy SEAL who must track him down…”
I love this book — not just because I love a good page-turner, but because it’s full of life lessons. No matter the topic, John David Mann books always contain leadership lessons. No exception here. You’ll stay up late reading this one, and you’ll learn a ton!
The Neurobiology of Great Business Writing
Here’s an important question from the article I’m sharing here: “Which specific writing techniques truly DO activate the neural wiring in our readers’ brains?”
Those who know the answer have an edge over those who don’t.
So check out this short article to get the answers and that edge…
Wise Humor re: “The Next Big Thing”
Tom Fishburne wrote this: “There’s a perennial search for the next big thing in marketing, which can distract us from getting the basics right.”
Tom is right about that!
Tom, also known as the Marketoonist, drew this great cartoon about the “next big thing…” Funny and wise!
Winston Churchill on Faith and Victory
On this day 80 years ago, when victory against the Nazis was far from certain, Winston Churchill began launched the “V for Victory” campaign in the United Kingdom. He said this:
“Sure I am this day we are masters of our fate, that the task which has been set before us is not above our strength; that its pangs and toils are not beyond our endurance. As long as we have faith in our own cause and an unconquerable will to win, victory will not be denied us.”
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...