Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.05.22
Writing an AI-Powered Book?
My friend Michael DeLon (“The Paperback Expert”) will host a live webinar tomorrow:
“Can ChatGPT Help You Write Your Book? Beyond the Hype: AI’s Potential and Pitfalls”
Here’s what he said about it in an email last week:
“This will not be a webinar about how AI is ‘the greatest thing since the invention of fire.’ (No joke, I’ve literally heard people say that.)
“This will also not be a webinar about how AI means doom for all writers, and 50% of white-collar jobs to boot.
“If you want hero worship or scaremongering, this is not the webinar for you!
“But this might be the webinar for you if you’d like to watch a thoughtful, hopeful, and somewhat skeptical presentation about whether ChatGPT can help you write your book.”
10 Chat GPT Mistakes You’re Making and How to Fix Them
Speaking of ChatCPT, here’s a great blog post that shares some ChatGPT dos and don’ts. Especially helpful for those just getting starting with ChatGPT and similar tools.
Events I’m Hosting This Week
LinkedIn Tips & Referrals Without Asking
I’m co-hosting back-to-back, live events on Thursday, and you’re invited to attend both:
Mastermind Book Club re: Generating Business Referrals Without Asking: A Simple 5 Step Plan to a Referral Explosion (2:30 p.m. ET)
Every month, Ted and I choose a book for members of the Mastermind Book Club to discuss.
The discussion begins in our online clubhouse.
Then we meet live on Zoom on the 4th Thursday of the month (May 25, 2:30 p.m. ET this month).
If you don’t have time to read the book, you’re welcome to join the conversation even if you haven’t read the book.
The idea: Share insights and discuss how to implement ideas from the book to advance our businesses.
The Club and the live event are free to join. Click the button below to join us…
5in25 Training: 5 Tips to Grow Your Business With LihnkedIn
Dean Isaacs and I will host this 5in25 event — 5 tips in 25 minutes, plus Q&A.
We’ll reveal what’s working NOW on LinkedIn so you can…
✓ Stop chasing leads and start attracting real prospects
✓ Use AI to find ideal prospects who want to do business or partner with you
✓ Leverage other peoples’ followings to gain exposure and make meaningful connections
✓ Establish your authority and become a standout in your field.
Click the button for details and registration…
Recommended Viewing / Listening
Why You Need a Financial Co-pilot
The latest episode of the Story Power Marketing Show features Ryan Kimler
Ryan is the Founder of Net Profit CFO, a financial services firm that brings clients clarity and guidance, putting them on a clear path toward growing a more profitable business. They provide business owners with an outside CFO to help them understand what is working in their business and what is not, giving owners the tools they need to take corrective action and meet their goals and objectives.
DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
~The 3 jobs a CFO takes on, and how having one takes small business owners to another level
~How to think of the popular “Profit First” system so that it works for you and not against you
~Why 50% of small businesses fail in the first 5 years and how you can use that knowledge to succeed
~The best ways to boost cash flow and grow your business
~The ROI a part-time CFO can bring to your business
Excerpt video: here.
Full episode video, audio, and show notes: here.
If you like what you see and hear, please review the show wherever you get your favorite podcasts.
from a Referral Expert
“I lost a lot of opportunities and wasted a lot of time on ‘let’s grab coffee and see where this goes’ networking meetings.”
— Stacey Brown Randall,
from page 21 of Generating Business Referrals Without Asking
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...