He Might Have Gotten Away with it, if Only…
Here’s a funny story for a Friday morning…
Last weekend, police in Springfield, Colorado pulled over a drunk guy for driving 52 mph in a 30 mph zone.
As an officer walked toward his car, the driver switched places with his passenger…
…which might have worked…
…if the officer hadn’t seen the whole thing …
…and the passenger hadn’t been a dog .
The driver exited through the passenger door and drunkenly declared he wasn’t driving.
The cops weren’t buying it (dogs can’t drive).
And when they asked the guy if he’d been drinking, he ran off.
He didn’t get far.
Twenty yards from his car, the cops grabbed him, cuffed him, and charged him with DUI, speeding, resisting arrest, and driving under suspension.”
And this from the Springfield Police Facebook page: “The dog was given to an acquaintance of the driver to take care of while the party was in jail. The dog does not face any charges and was let go with just a warning.”
Well played, officers.
You know the obvious stuff about not drinking and driving…
…and not resisting arrest…
…and not letting your pooch take the wheel.
Less obvious: The power of humor.
Humor builds rapport.
That goes for cops trying to connect with the community.
That goes for you and me when marketing our businesses.
More about that in Pointer #28 in The Story Power Profit Pack (that’s one of 52 strategies, tips, and tactics (a.k.a. Pointers) to transform your content from ignored to adored.
Get The Power Pack here.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...