Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.03.06
Why You Shouldn’t Be Swayed by the Popularity of Super Bowl Ads
This is a great article from AdWeek about the difference between “popular” ads and profit-generating ads. Valuable lessons here about measuring what matters.
Recommended Listening and Viewing
Happy Birthday, Wes Montgomery
Jazz guitarist Wes Montgomery was born 100 years ago today (March 6).
Many call him the greatest jazz guitarist ever.
Here’s an NPR report from this morning about Montgomery.
Here’s his bio from AllMusic.com — which traces his rise from obscurity to stardom (lessons in that).
And here’s a video from 1965 — Montgomery performing on a Belgian television show.
Recommended Viewing / Listening
How to Make the Fuzzy Clear
The latest episode of my podcast, The Story Power Marketing Show, with guest Orly Zeewy
Orly is an author, speaker, and educator who says she has one superpower – making the fuzzy clear. She turns generic messaging into clear marketing messages that help startups, solopreneurs, and B2B companies cut through the noise so their ideal customers can find them, buy them, and refer them. She’s lectured at Wharton and taught at The Close School of Entrepreneurship at Drexel University and the University of Pennsylvania.
Her book, Ready, Launch, Brand: The Lean Marketing Guide for Startups, was published by Routledge in May 2021. It was the #1 new business book on Amazon in April 2021.
DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
~ Fuzzy messaging and marketing (1:54)
~ Understanding why they need you (4:42)
~ How to cut through the noise of noise (8:04)
~ The importance of listening and empathizing (11:58)
~ How to power up a LinkedIn profile (18:04)
Excerpt video: here.
Full episode video, audio, and show notes: here.
If you like what you see and hear, please review the show wherever you get your favorite podcasts.
Debunking a Costly E-Mail Marketing Myth
My pal Adam Kreitman is one of the smartest marketers — and best email writers — I know.
Here’s a post he recently published on his site, The Marketing Advocate, about email marketing — and the “ridiculous” myth that can kill your business if you buy into it.
…From Peter Drucker.
“The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself… The aim of marketing is to make selling superfluous.”
– Peter Drucker
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...