Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.02.07
Recommended Reading / Viewing
The Hidden Danger in Copying Successful People
I’m a big believer in studying masterpieces to achieve mastery. That’s why I offer a free e-book that unlocks Hall-of-Fame advertisements to reveal “5 Storytelling Secrets to Help You Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Buy.”
But as the great Jeff Walker says, “..there’s a hidden danger in blindly mimicking even the most successful entrepreneurs.”
The key is to understand the difference between drawing knowledge/inspiration from successful entrepreneurs vs. blindly mimicking them. And, as Jeff says, “You have to be careful about who you copy and who you mimic.”
Jeff unpacks it all here in this great, short video…
Do You Talk At or Converse With Your Prospects
My friend Bill Prenatt recently published a brilliant article titled “Is Your Sales Competence Hidden.”
He writes, “I have been blessed to obtain millions of dollars of new business and never use a sales pitch. Instead of talking to and telling prospects, I’ve used an interview process much like you might use to hire someone.”
This article is loaded with practical tips about how to build a library of questions you can bring to prospect interviews. It’s a must-read for anyone who wants to connect more effectively with prospects to generate more sales.
The Art, Drama and Power of Olympic Competition
I knew an artist once who clipped photographs from the newspaper sports page and taped them to her wall. “Athletes in motion. Artistic…” she said.
I thought of here this weekend when I say this new video played at the opening ceremony of The Olympics. It captures the art, and more…
From the Archives
Why I Noodle, Doodle, and Jot
I close today’s Mash-Up with a quote from John Cleese that I love. It underscores an idea that’s critical for all of us to understand: We are all creative beings. We all can CREATE content that captivates and inspires. We just have to adopt practices, systems, and habits that nurture and draw out the creativity within us.
Here’s a post I wrote a few months back that gets at this idea and offers some tips on how you can do it: Why Great Creators Noodle, Doodle, and Jot.
Words to Ponder
“Creativity is not a talent. It’s a way of operating.”
– John Cleese
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...