Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.01.24
Show, Don’t Tell
Here’s a great, short blog post by marketing legend Drayton Bird.
It opens like this…
Advertising has deteriorated beyond measure in recent years as the Gaedarine Swine rush online media.
I am no exception – e-mails cost me nothing but my patience.
But whatever the media your best way to sell is probably to demonstrate.
Here are three examples…
Read the rest here...
InnovaBuzz with Jürgen Strauss
Jürgen Struass says the philosophy behind his extraordinary podcast, InnovaBuzz, is to “marketing and podcasting human again!” Mission accomplished! Jürgen is celebrating is 500th(!) episode soon. And while I haven’t listened to them all, each episode I have heard is GREAT.
Jürgen connects with fantastic people and brings out the best in them during thoughtful, wide-ranging conversations.
I was honored to be his guest for episode 483.
Recommended Listening / Watching
Jon Keel on the Story Power Marketing Show
My latest podcast guest is Jon Keel, a results-oriented Business Advisor, who has been helping businesses and their leaders stand out and thrive for nearly 25 years.
He is the CEO and founder of Improved Results, LLC, which helps small business people increase revenue and gain the freedom they want by using proven, automated systems.
In our conversation, Jon and I discussed how to make real, human connections with people on social media, how to develop habits that help you plan and get more done, and so much more. So many great lessons in this episode.
You can find the episode wherever you get your favorite podcast. Just search “Story Power Marketing Show.” Or you can go straight to our website to get the excerpt video, full episode, audio, and show notes.
A Book to Keep You From Getting Spread Too Thin
So many people I respect and trust — including Jon Keel (see above) — have recommended Greg McKeown’s book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less. Now I see why.
The book’s promise: Do less, but better, so you can make the highest possible contribution.
Instead of doing everything, do the right things. This book will show you how to focus on the essentials.
Words to Ponder
“What if we stopped celebrating being busy as a measurement of importance? What if instead we celebrated how much time we had spent listening, pondering, meditating, and enjoying time with the most important people in our lives?”
– Greg McKeown
From his book Essentialism
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...