How to Get Rid of Looky-loos and Price-shoppers
I woke just after sunrise this morning and took a long hike along the beach in Marco Island, FL.
Nice way to kick off National Take a Hike Day (Nov. 17).
After I finish this email and press send, I’ll join my biz buddies/peers for Day 2 of our quarterly mastermind meeting.
Day 1, yesterday, was awesome. 15 successful business people celebrating successes, discussing challenges, and benefitting from our group genius. That’s the magic of masterminds. The group is smarter than the sum of its parts.
I can’t share specific details with you (our proceedings are strictly confidential).
But I can reveal this: We had a long discussion about how to attract real prospects and repel suspects.
In honor of the holiday, I’ll call it “Take a Hike Marketing.”
Here’s a holiday tale…
Imagine you’re an expert in your field. You offer a free download or webinar or some such giveaway to attract leads.
Your “lead magnet” invites people to meet with you so you can offer additional value and explore whether you should work together.
They flock to your zoom room…
…chat with you for a few minutes…
…and say, “Thanks for the free advice. See ya…”
…or “I can’t afford you.”
It doesn’t have to be that way.
BEFORE they get your lead magnet, be clear about who it’s for.
And more importantly, before they sign up for your free consultation, make them jump through hoops. Have them fill out a screening form. Be clear about the kind of people you want to work with.
If someone doesn’t meet the criteria, they can take a hike.
Of course, you don’t say it like that. But, you get the point.
Marketers talk a lot about qualifying prospects. Important, yes!
But even more important: Disqualifying suspects. That’s “Take a Hike Marketing.”
No more looky-loos. No more price-shoppers. Happy Holidays.
Speaking of masterminds…
I’m launching one in January. If you’d like to experience some group genius and turn your content from prospect-repelling to client-attracting reply to this email with “happy holiday.” I’ll circle back with the details and criteria.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...