RecomMONDAYtions ~ 2023.11.20
“Experts Speak” with Michael DeLon (and his special guest… ME)
My friend Michael DeLon (a.k.a. “The Paperback Expert”) hosts a great podcast which I’ve recommended before.
Last week, he released a new episode featuring yours truly (my second time on the show).
Here’s the big twist: We discuss the new marketing technology software I recently introduced to supplement Story Power Marketing.
Called Implementum, the software removes all the headache and hassles associated with creating emails, web pages, and other marketing content. Everything is pre-built for you so you can focus on implementing, rather than wrestling with technology.
I haven’t promoted Implementum publicly (many of my Story Power Marketing clients use it).
But Michael let the cat out of the bag (with my cooperation).
So check out this episode and hear how Implementum takes the hard work and confusion out of implementing.
Jeff Tweedy: I Thought I Hated Pop Music. ‘Dancing Queen’ Changed My Mind
I disliked Abba — until I saw the musical (and then movie) “Mama Mia.”
Jeff Tweedy wasn’t a fan either… until he had a change of heart, particularly about Abba’s mega-hit “Dancing Queen.”
In a recent (Nov. 2, 2023) essay in the New York Times, Tweedy tells the story of why he once despised the song, and how he came around.
This is far more than an essay about a song. It’s about why we form certain opinions and how “it feels really good to stop hating something.”
This month’s selection for the Mastermind Book Club: “They Ask, You Answer” by Marcus Sheridan.
From the author’s website: “They Ask, You Answer” is a business philosophy which, when embraced fully, will make you the most trusted voice within your industry.
“And it begins with an obsession of understanding the answer to one question: “What is my customer thinking?”
Each month, Ted Prodromou and I select a great book for the Mastermind Book Club to examine. We meet live at the end of the month (this month’s meeting date TBD due to Thanksgiving).
The Club is free to join. Go to MastermindBook.Club for more info and to join.
Financial Freedom 101
I’ve been promoting this event for the last few weeks because Penelope Jane Smith is among the best financial educators on the planet, and I know how good this will be…
When: December 1-3, 2023
Where: Live online (links when you register)
What: Penelope Jane Smith leads this free, three-day experiential event. You’ll discover practical tools to get your money working for you (even when you’re not working). You’ll come away with more ease, peace, and freedom around finances. (Note: Registration requires a $97 deposit which is refunded when you check in for the event.
Details and registration: Here
Food for Thought
I’m a ChatGPT fan. I use it often. But I also understand its shortcomings and limits. And I worry about the damage it can cause. This article, based on months of research, caught my eye. It’s a cautionary tale for those who rely on AI for too many answers.
Words to Ponder
“Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom.”
– Jim Rohn
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...