RecomMONDAYtions ~ 2023.11.06
This month’s selection for the Mastermind Book Club: “They Ask, You Answer” by Marcus Sheridan.
From the author’s website: “They Ask, You Answer” is a business philosophy which, when embraced fully, will make you the most trusted voice within your industry.
“And it begins with an obsession of understanding the answer to one question: “What is my customer thinking?”
Each month, Ted Prodromou and I select a great book for the Mastermind Book Club to examine. We meet live at the end of the month (this month’s meeting date TBD due to Thanksgiving).
The Club is free to join. Go to MastermindBook.Club for more info and to join.
Recommended Blog Post / Email List
Making Oprah proud
Speaking of the Mastermind Book Club… Last month, we read “Overdeliver” by the brilliant an humble Brian Kurtz. Brian attended our live Book Club meeting, and — as always, he overdelivered!
Over the weekend, Brian published a blog post (and emailed to his list) his thoughts about the power of a great mastermind group.
I’m honored to say he cited Mastermind Book Club as an example (thank you, Brian).
Read this post — not because I’m in it, but because it contains great insights about how to serve an audience, build a following, and grow by giving.
And if you like what you read, go to BrianKurtz.net to join his email list — so you get his Sunday posts in your inbox.
Financial Freedom 101
When: December 1-3, 2023
Where: Live online (links when you register)
What: Penelope Jane Smith leads this free, three-day experiential event. You’ll discover practical tools to get your money working for you (even when you’re not working). You’ll come away with more ease, peace, and freedom around finances. (Note: Registration requires a $97 deposit which is refunded when you check in for the event.
Details and registration: Here
Recommended Networking Event
The monthly Podcasting Mixer with Cat Stancik
If you are a podcast host and/or wish to gain exposure by being a guest on others’ podcasts, this is for you. You’ll connect with great people, find guests for your podcast, or get invited as a guest on other shows.
Next mixer: Friday, November 9, 12 p.m. ET, 9 a.m. PT.
Host Cat Stancik works with expert service providers who are ready to unapologetically get visible and confidently show the world what they offer. This monthly event is one way she does it.
I’ve made some great connections through the Podcast Mixer. I’ll be there on Friday
Details and registration here.
Podcast (Story Power Marketing Show)
Douglas Squirrel has been coding for forty years and has led software teams for twenty. He uses the power of conversations to create dramatic productivity gains in technology organizations of all sizes. His experience includes growing software teams as a Chief Technology Officer in startups from fintech to biotech to music, and everything in between. He has consulted on product improvement at over 200 organizations in the UK, US, Australia, and Europe. And he has coached a wide variety of leaders in improving their conversations, aligning to business goals, and creating productive conflict. He lives in Frogholt, England, in a timber-framed cottage built in the year 1450.
DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
~ How to Cut Through Distraction in a Successful Business
~ The Importance of Disappointing People Helpfully
~ The Power of Saying “Because”
~ How to Turn Personal Conflict Into Productive Conflict
~ Why Empathy is Key in Business
~ Conflict Resolution From Solopreneurship to the C-Suite
Words to Ponder
“When you undervalue what you do, the world will undervalue who you are.”
– Oprah Winfrey
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...