The Onion Rings Marketing Method. Let Me Explain…
A priceless story and lesson from marketing legend Dan Kennedy…
When he broke in as a speaker, he loaded his speeches with as much information as time allowed.
He bragged he delivered more “meat per minute” than other speakers. He said so in advertisements.
And then he learned better.
Says Dan in his book, Make ‘Em Laugh & Take Their Money:
Problem is, there aren’t a lot of steak lovers who just want to chow down on a 5-pound steak with no accompaniments. Most want a salad, some potatoes, maybe a couple onion rings, bread.
I gradually arrived at a target of conveying three main pieces of information or instruction per hour and no more, all wrapped up in and accompanied by entertainment – not a comedy act in most cases, but some humor, and some good-humored storytelling.
People are much more “into” stories than they are information, and a heck of a lot happier with entertainment than with education. The same thing is true with writing.
Reminds me of Pointer #1 in the Story Power Profit Pack. An Excerpt:
...You have so much important information to share. I get it. So do I…
Here’s the problem: Information is NOT enough. Not even close. Information-only content is as boring as watching bowling on TV.
Information-only content doesn’t stand out. It doesn’t set you apart. You won’t stand out if you dish out the same old info-only content.
You have to entertain. That’s where stories come in. Stories entertain. Stories turn the same old boring, “blah, blah, blah” info into something more…
How do you craft
I answer in the Profit Pack — 52 strategies, tips, and tactics to transform your content from ignored to adored.
Click the button below to get the Profit Pack now.
20% discount through Friday (2/3/2023) with coupon code “LESSMEAT”
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...