Robotic Marketer Proves my Point About Robotic Marketing
Here’s a story oozing with irony…
…about robotic marketing gone wrong.
In December, I hosted a LinkedIn event called “Human vs. Machine Marketing.” One of the lessons we promised in the event description:
“Why set-it-and-forget it robotic marketing backfires.”
Fast forward to yesterday when – two months after the event ended – a LinkedIn member named Marva posted a spammy comment under my event announcement.
Her comment had nothing to do with my event or marketing. It was a pitch for the “Industrial Robotics Day” event her company will host.
I replied: “Marva, your comment spam reflects poorly on you and your company. My guess: Your marketing automation robot scanned LinkedIn for “robotic” and posted your event pitch wherever that word appeared. Funny, since we discussed at our event how lazy marketers use robotic tactics to flood the internet with irrelevant, irritating pitches. You’ve proven our point.”
Marva deleted her comment and my reply. Then she blocked me.
(Cue sarcastic weeping emoji: )
Marva is such a Ned — as in Ned Ryerson, the pitchy pest insurance salesman in the movie Groundhog Day.
(Happy GHD, btw )
Ned pitched single-premium life to anyone who could fog a mirror.
Marva pitched “Industrial Robotics Day” to anyone who posted “robotic” on their social feed.
That’s the very thing I warn against in the Story Power Profit Pack (Pointer #16: “Don’t be a Ned”).
The Profit Pack contains 52 strategies, tips, and tactics to transform your content from ignored to adored.
Click the button below to get the Profit Pact now.
20% discount through Friday (2/3/2023) with coupon code “GROUNDHOG”
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...