Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 8
John David Mann’s “How to Write Good”
John David Mann is the author or co-author of dozens of books I love, including all The Go-Giver books.
I devored the book this weekend and loved every morsel.
I might read it again next weekend.
And just in case you think you’re not a writer (and you don’t aspire to be one), don’t worry…
…This book is loaded with lessons that apply to all walks of life.
How to Hold Back a River of Lava — Or Not
On this day in 1669 Mt. Etna began to erupt. Many who lived on the island of Sicily tried to hold back the lava flow that threatened their homes.
I read the story here, courtesy of HIstory.net. Lots of red-hot business and life lessons in this one. I’ll probably unpack some of them in an upcoming email.
Meanwhile, enjoy the story. It’s a quick, entertaining read.
John Eyres on Goal Setting
My friend John Eyres has a unique and powerful approach to goal setting that he shared at last month’s Experts4entrepreneurs online event.
He shared the importance of writing our goals down, and speaking them aloud on daily basis.
It was an inspiring, moving prensentation that was captured in this video…
The Reckless Electric
Before the pandemic temporarily shut us down, I ran a concert series in St. Louis called (ware)HOUSE Concerts. In September 2019, we hosted Mary Bragg, a great artists out of Nashville who blew us away.
The Reckless Electric was a side- project collaboration between Mary and Becky Warren.
I love the album they released in March 2018, “Comeback.” Here’s the video for the title track. If you like this one, you’ll like the whole album…
Look for Beautiful Things
Saturday, March 6 was Michelangelo’s 546th birthday. He created a lot of beauty that we still enjoy today.
I spent Saturday — a beautiful late winter day in St. Louis — outside, listening to birds prepare for spring, seeing the first hints of flowers sprouting from the garden, searching for beauty.
We’re surrounded by beauty. We can see, hear, enjoy, and spread it — if we take the time to look for it and notice.
Here’s something Michelangelo said about this…
A beautiful thing never gives so much pain as does failing to hear and see it.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...