Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 11
The Making of a Masterpiece Advertisement
Last week, I wrote about Apple’s great “Bounce” advertisement and how it’s an example of great visual storytelling. Here’s a great video about how the ad was made.
Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying
My friend Scott Ginsberg has a great new business and website called Prolific.
I recommend many posts from this site. Start with the latest post, which references one of my favorite movies to remind us that we can achieve big things one small step at a time.
More Recommended Reading
I am gobbling up the book Mastering Fear — A Navy Seal’s Guide by Brandon Webb and John David Mann. Webb is the Navy Seal. Mann is the co-author of The Go-Giver books who has helped Webb write several titles, including a soon-to-be-released novel.
Mastering Fear is a great book! Earlier this year, I wrote about Eddie Murphy and how he embraces fear. This book shows you how to do it — how to master fear not by burying it but by embracing it. Powerful lessons for business and life beyond the workplace.
Recommended Listening / Viewing
The Highwomen’s Crowded Table
This year’s Grammy winner for best country song, “Crowded Table,” has been on regular rotation on my playlists since it was released by The Highwomen in September 2019. I love this song and the ideas it evokes, especially during a time when our tables are not as crowded as we wish they could be:
“I want a house with a crowded table
And a place by the fire for everyone
Let us take on the world while we’re young and able
And bring us back together when the day is done”
Words to Ponder
Cy Young Preaches Patience
Every year, Major League Baseball recognizes the best pitchers in the American and National Leagues with an award named after Cy Young, one of the all-time greats. Young was born on this day in 1857. He said this:
“The one thing you have to have is patience, … You just can’t rush everything. I use myself as an example. The last couple of years have been great, but it took some time to get up to that point.”
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...