Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.11.14
Send Gifts with Ease
Thanks to marketing master and my friend Michael DeLon who introduced me to the great people at Gift Hopper.
I barely lift a finger to send gifts to selected partners, clients, and other important business contacts. Gift Hopper makes it simple.
I give them a list of names and addresses, tell them which item from their massive catalog I want to send, draft a message to include with the gifts…
…and Gift Hopper does all the rest. The gifts arrive in a box adorned with my logo. The packing material in the box matches my logo colors. And the note greets recipients when they open the box.
A great way to show how much you appreciate key contacts — without spending time purchasing gift items, packing boxes, and hassling with shipping.
Recommended Viewing / Listening
How to Profit with Print and Not Look Stupid Doing It
The latest from The Story Power Marketing Show podcast:
Kia is CEO and founder of Zine, a successful brand marketing agency just outside of Washington D.C. that helps attorneys, entrepreneurs, and professionals convert leads into raving fans using high-touch, direct response print marketing.
Her clients include high-achieving marketers and entrepreneurs such as Ben Glass, Kim Walsh Phillips, Ben Settle, Dan Kennedy, and more.
From concept to design to implementation, Zine specializes in using newsletters, books, magazines, postcards, and shock and awe packages to create, package, and present a marketing message that gets results. Her agency still believes in the power of direct mail and has a proven process that uses print marketing to make a connection, inspire action, and generate profitable results for their clients.
Discussed in this episode:
- How one postcard changed Kia’s life.
- The biggest mistake in direct mail.
- The three superpowers of print.
- How to leverage and maximize your print marketing dollars.
- Top three tips for a successful print newsletter marketing campaign.
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
Turia Pitt: Unmask Your Potential
In September 2011, Turla Pitt was trapped by a wildfire while competing in an ultra-marathon in Australia. She suffered burns over 65 percent of her body and was in a medically induced coma for a month. She passed away three times while on the operating table.
She ultimately survived and thrived.
In this 2014 TEDx talk, she tells her story. It’s extraordinary and inspiring.
Finding Creativity In Gratitude, Love, Openness & Wonder
Peter Himmelman is a Grammy-nominated singer-songwriter who has evolved into a brilliant business consultant. I’ve previously recommended his book, Let Me Out.
And I love this article he wrote for Forbes in 2020 about the time he taught a conference room full of data analysts and actuaries who to unleash their inner creativity.
Great storytelling loaded with powerful lessons.
Words to Ponder…
…from Anton Chekhov
He was a playwright, not a marketer, but Anton Chekhov he offered some advice valuable to marketing content creators when he said this:
“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.”
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...