Why I Exercise My Noticing Muscles
Great creators notice. Habitually.
They open their eyes and ears. They smell and touch. They pay attention.
They record what they notice in their memory banks and journals. In sketchbooks and note-taking apps. In spreadsheets and on napkins.
And they draw from what they’ve gathered to create something meaningful.
A song. A painting. A story. A Book.
So it goes for “artists.”
So it goes for marketers.
I teach my clients to develop habits of noticing. To sharpen their senses and notice…
…what their prospects say. What their prospects feel. Where their prospects want to go.
This isn’t guesswork. This requires focus and attention. It’s a skill to learn and nurture.
Record what you notice. And draw from what you’ve gathered to create something meaningful. A product or service that serves. A story that moves a prospect to invest.
We’re all creators.
Some create “art.”
Others create valuable products and services – and content to promote them.
I wrote yesterday about my new habit: Notice one or more beautiful things around me every day, record them on my camera, and share them with the world. I’ll post the pictures on my Instagram (@tomruwitch), Facebook, and twitter (@tomruwitch). I’ll include the hashtag #allthisusefulbeauty with every post.
Three reasons I’m doing this:
1) Boost my mindset (beauty lifts us)
2) Exercise my “noticing muscles”
3) Contribute something to social other than all this useless discord
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...