They love me. They really love me… in where!?!?
I got the big news yesterday…
…in an email from “Carlos.”
My podcast, The Story Power Marketing Show, is doing very well in Apple Podcast rankings.
“Position 4 in the category Marketing…”
in Tanzania .
Eat your hearts out, competing podcasters.
I’ve hit the big-time in southest Africa.
I’ve scaled podcasting’s Kilimanjaro.
Today Tanzania, tomorrow Zambia …
…or maybe Mozambique .
After celebrating with friends and family, I dug into the numbers. What did it take to reach #4 on the Tanzanian chart of marketing podcasts?
I logged into Red Circle, the platform that hosts and distributes my podcast, and looked at the download stats.
Most downloads come from the good ol’ U – S – of – A.
But Tanzania made the list with…
… (drumroll please) …
…one download. Yeah, I said “one,” — as in, the loneliest number that you’ll ever know.
One lousy download!?
That could mean one of two things. Either:
1) Tanzania has VERY few people downloading marketing podcasts (I only need one more listener to become #1) or
2) “Carlos” is a dirty, rotten liar.
I’m thinking it’s #2.
In his email, Carlos said the rankings came from PodStatus.com.
I can sign up for PodStatus’ tracking service for the low, low price of $5/month, and monitor my podcast’s performance from Madagascar to the Marshall Islands.
But I’m not buying…
…because I don’t do business with dirty rotten liars.
I’m gonna shove Carlos’ email in my ever-growing file of rotten marketing tricks. Yet another exhibit in my collection of trust-busting, credibility-killing marketing “tricks.”
You don’t have to resort to stupid marketing tricks to get prospects’ attention.
Ted Prodromou and I talked about that on one of the very first episodes of The Story Power Marketing Show. The episode was called: “How NOT to Damage Your Brand and Piss Off Your Customers.”
Ted is one of the best ethical and honest marketers I know — a role-model for how to do it right.
So give that episode (or others) a listen. And if you like what you hear, go to Apple, Spotify, or wherever you get your favorite episodes and post a friendly review.
I need your help to reach the top of the podcast charts in Kyrgyzstan.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...