Oops! I Did It Again…
I swallowed some Ryan Deiss click-bait…
…only to discover I’d been fooled again.
The subject line said, “Re: Refund Request.”
Maybe I’m still in a post-vacation haze. Maybe the morning coffee hadn’t kicked in.
Whatever my excuse, my lizard brain told me to open the email so I could see the status of my “refund request.”
But, of course, there was no status. I’d made no such request.
All I saw was another tricky pitch from Ryan Deiss.
I was going to let this one go. Wallow alone in my “fool-me-more-than-once” misery.
But then I read Ryan’s email, nearly fell out of my chair, and thought, “YOU have to see this!”
Here’s what it said:
Our refund policy is clear.
We offer a 30 day, 100% satisfaction guarantee on all our certifications and workshops or your money back. (Even when they are up to 83% off like they are right now.)
Because one of our core values is to love, honor, and respect YOU, our customer.
The email continued with a hard pitch for Ryan’s online trainings.
(‘Scuse me while take a quick shower to scrub away the ironic B.S.)
Trick me with yet-another misleading subject line…
…and then tell me how much you love, honor, and respect me!?!
What a hoot!
A classic case of do as I say, not as I do.
You can do better.
Love, honor, and respect your prospects and clients?
Yes, I’m all for that.
Say it AND do it.
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...