Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 24
12 Business Lessons from Mel Brooks
Mel Brooks was born on this day in 1926.
Here’s a Fast Company article from several years back with 12 lessons Brooks discovered over his legendary career.
These are valuable lessons for anyone managing a business.
Velocity Jam Helps You Establish High-Value Connections on LinkedIn
If you want to expand your reach and achieve greater results on LinkedIn, check out Velocity Jam. The free (for a limited time) service connects you with a community of other LinkedIn users who will promote your content and offer valuable feedback to help you improve your LinkedIn posts. The service also gives you software to track and manage LinkedIn relationships so you can turn more connections into clients. I’ve used Velocity Jam for several months, and it has helped connect with several prospects and partners who have helped me grow my business.
More Recommended Reading
Unique vs. “You Freak”
Kevin Rogers is a stand-up comic turned copy writer who always delivers great lessons in his blog, CopyChief.com.
His latest post stood out explores how to stand out and be unique with your content. The key idea: “You can only be truly unique when you are willing to be vulnerable.”
I agree 100%. Read the post to discover what he means and how to make it happen.
Recommended Reading and Viewing
How to Art and Science of Video Marketing
This article from Content Marketing Institute is must reading for anyone who would like to add or improve video in their marketing mix. If you have time, watch the 45-minute video that dives deep on the topic. If you skip the video, the article summarizes the key points well.
Mel Brooks said this…
“Look, I don’t want to wax philosophic, but I will say that if you’re alive you’ve got to flap your arms and legs, you’ve got to jump around a lot, for life is the very opposite of death.”
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...