Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 15
Tyler Perry Rejects Hate
I watched the Oscars last night. My favorite moment, by far: filmmaker Tyler Perry accepting the humanitarian award.
This is a great speech.
Daniel Levis “Interviews” John Caples
John Caples was one of the great copywriters of the 20th century. I shared the story and some lessons regarding his most famous ad in this email I sent last year.
Daniel Levis is currently one of the world’s great copywriters and marketing advisors. He has mentored me and taught me tons.
In this post, he “interviews” John Caples. He present this as a visit from a ghost — so I think this interview is imagined. But “the interview“ contains very real lessons that Caples taught over the years.
This is a master class in copywriting. Dozens of useful tips.
More Recommended Viewing
Carol Burnett Shares Her Favorites
Today is Carol Burnett’s 88th birthday.
When I was a kid, I watched the Carol Burnett show every Saturday night.
Here’s a video in which she shares some of her favorite moments from the show.. Funny!
Marketing Tips and Examples
A Call for Calls to Action
If you want prospects to act, your content needs effective calls to action (CTA).
What’s a call to action?
Here’s a great post from Copyblogger that answers the question and shares some great CTA examples.
Words to Ponder
Marcus Aurelius on Life and Death
Born on this day in 121 AD, Marcus Auerlius was Emperor of Rome from 161 to 180 AD. He was considered the last of the so-called “five good emperors” and he was a great stoic philosopher. Here said:
The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.
When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love…
It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.
Here is a rule to remember in future, when anything tempts you to feel bitter: not ‘This is misfortune,’ but ‘To bear this worthily is good fortune.’
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...