Monday Mash-Up ~ Vol. 2, Ep. 14
How To ‘Futureproof’ Yourself
Kevin Roose is a tech columnist on for the New York Times who has a new booked called Futureproof: 9 Rules for Humans in the Age of Automation.
He was on NPR’s Fresh Air earlier this month to discuss the book and how artificial intelligence is changing our lives.
This is a fascinating — sometimes frightening — interview.
More Recommended Listening
Maria Sharapova on Big Questions
Maria Sharapova is a tennis champion turned successful entrepreneur. Last year, she was a guest on Cal Fussman’s Big Questions podcast.
I loved that interview and learned a ton listening to it.
Today is Sharapova’s 35th birthday. Seems like a good day to share this interview with you.
Emotional Advertising Works Better
Story-powered marketing works because it fires up the emotional site of prospects’ brains — and humans make buying decisions on emotion.
Here’s a great article that shows how emotionally driven advertising outperforms “rational” advertising.
More Recommended Reading
Dan Ariely is not a marketer, but I’ve learned a lot about marketing from him.
He’s a behavioral psychologist, and Predictably Irrational is a book that debunks the idea that humans behave in rational ways.
If you want to understand prospects and customers better and hone your marketing accordingly, this is a must-read.
Words to Ponder
Dan Ariely on Senseless Economics
“Wouldn’t economics make a lot more sense if it were based on how people actually behave, instead of how they should behave?”
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...