Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.02.06
What’s In It For Them?
We’re reading Joe Polish’s What’s In It for Them in the Mastermind Book Club. Join the Club (it’s free) and discuss the book with us.
Every month, Ted Prodromou and I choose a book to discuss.
In our online clubhouse, members share insights from the book. On the 4th Thursday every month, Club members meet on Zoom to discuss the book.
You can participate — even if you haven’t read the book.
How to Find Attention, Mindfulness, and Creativity in the Ordinary
This is a great TED talk, delivered by Bill Keaggy, a visual storyteller from St. Louis, MO. When we were much younger, Bill and I worked together at the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. I always admired his creativity and perspective — both on display in this talk.
More Recommended Viewing
Jason Segal as David Foster Wallace
Harrison Ford told me about this movie. I saw him interviewed about his new Apple TV show, Shrinking (also recommended). that features Jason Segel. Ford mentioned two movies. he liked, starring Segal. The End of the Tour was one of them.
Segel portrays author David Foster Wallace after he released his most celebrated novel, Infinite Jest. Rolling Stone reporter David Lipsky (played by Jesse Eisenberg) spends five days with Wallace, interviewing him and just hanging out.
If you know and like Wallace’s work, this is must-see. If you don’t there’s still plenty to enjoy and learn.
Recommended Viewing and Listening
How to Achieve Business Success Without Getting in Your Own Way
The latest episode of the Story Power Marketing Show podcast…
Athin Cassiotis is a Business Growth Strategist, International Speaker, Coach, Mentor, Consultant, Investor, and Podcast Host. He helps service-based business owners grow and scale to create freedom and choice in their life.
Discussed in this episode:
- Why mindset is so important in the marketing business (2:21)
- How Tom talks about mindset in the marketing process (6:10)
- What to do when your brain says “I’m bad at telling stories” (9:30)
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio, plus show notes, here.
Words to Ponder…
…from Karen Lamb
A year from now you may wish you had started today.”
– Karen Lamb
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...