Why Great Storytellers Are More “Batman” Than “Superman”
Someone asked me recently which superhero I like best.
No contest, I said. It’s Batman.
He didn’t drop in from planet Krypton with the power to leap tall buildings in a single bound.
He wasn’t bitten by a radioactive spider.
He’s merely a man named Bruce Wayne…
…who mourned the murder of his parents…
…and was terrified of bats after he fell into a cavern when he was a kid.
He transformed his mourning into a passion for crime-fighting.
He studied and trained to hone his intellectual and physical skills.
He transformed his fear into his superpower.
That’s an inspiring tale for aspiring storytellers.
You don’t have to be from another planet or get bitten by a spider to harness your storytelling superpower.
You don’t have to be a creative unicorn or summon a muse from Mt. Olympus.
This isn’t magic.
You just have to study and train to hone your storytelling skills.
That’s what I help my clients do to make them storytelling standouts.
Yes, you can learn to harness your storytelling superpower…
…just like Dick Grayson learned from Bruce Wayne to become a superhero named Robin.
Superman can’t teach you how to fly.
Spiderman can’t teach you how to climb the side of a building.
But Batman can teach Robin how to be a crimefighting superhero…
…just as I can teach you to be a client-attracting, storytelling superhero.
I teach that in my Content Transformation Academy Mastermind.
And I have an open seat for anyone who wants to transform themselves into a storytelling standout.
Want to learn more about the Mastermind?
Reply to this email and write “Tell me more about the Mastermind.” I’ll get back to you with all the details.
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...