Monday Mash-Up ~ 2023.01.09
Notion for Note-Taking and More
Late last year, I began using Notion for note-taking, task-tracking, content-planning/drafting…
…and so much more.
The app installs on desktops and mobile devices, and you can access/edit your stuff from a web browser on any device.
Notion has replaced Evernote, Todoist, and other apps in my toolbox. Best of all, it’s free for a personal account. You can extend functionality and use Notion across your business for a small monthly fee. Features and pricing here.
Recommended Listening / Viewing
How to Promote Your Business with Virtual Events
The latest episode on the Story Power Marketing Show podcast…
Steve Eriksen is the founder of Event Raptor, a platform designed to help you manage virtual events.
A tech integration specialist and automations nerd, he was responsible as the Chief Technology Officer for Mary Morrissey, an 8-figure life coach certification organization, for all the tech that went into their events with thousands of attendees.
When Steve hosted a summit for his own coaching business, he couldn’t find a good system to help him run his event. So he took his technical background in the events space, along with his real-world experience as an event host, and created EventRaptor, a system that makes virtual event management easy.
Event Raptor also runs a directory that helps business people land more speaking opportunities by connecting them with event organizers.
Steve has run 4 summits on his own as well as helped a number of clients with summits and virtual events, and has seen how powerful a virtual event is to drive new prospects and create new customers and clients.
Discussed in This Episode
- How virtual events are great for marketing and promoting your business
- How to position yourself as an expert using virtual events
- How to effectively market your business and create more customers and clients using virtual events.
- Understanding the benefits of hosting a virtual event
- How to determine if hosting a virtual event is the right marketing strategy for your business.
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
Next Up in the Book Club: Think and Grow Rich
I read Think and Grow Rich every few years because it always reminds me to focus on the positive, set big goals, plan how to achieve them, and surround myself with people who can help me get there.
The Napoleon Hill classic is this month’s selection for the Mastermind Book Club. Each month Ted Prodromou and I select a book for the club to read. In our online community, members share their thoughts. And on the fourth Thursday of each month, we meet on Zoom to discuss that month’s selection.
Dust off a copy of Think and Grow Rich. Join the club if you haven’t already done so (free at MastermindBook.club). And join us on Jan. 26 at 1 p.m. ET, noon CT on Thursday
Why Empathy Drives Progress
I have to warn you… I’m not recommending this article as an example of great, story-powered content. It could be so much more entertaining. But it delivers useful information about empathy — how it can reduce stress, make you a better leader, and lead to better business results. Worth reading for all of that.
Words to Ponder…
…From “Australia’s Best Copywriter…”
“The single most powerful force in modern copywriting is an entertaining personality.”
— Daniel Throssell,
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...