Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.11.21
How to Replace Your To-Do List with Something Way Better
I’m a big fan of author Daniel Pink. And I recommend his video blog, Pinkcast. Each video is short (usually <5 minutes) and loaded with wisdom, such as this one:
Recommended Viewing / Listening
How to Stand Out as an Authority in a Crowded Marketplace
New on the Story Power Marketing Show podcast:
Michelle Prince is a chief difference maker, best-selling author, motivational speaker, publishing expert, leadership coach, and CEO/Founder of Performance Publishing Group, a partner publishing company dedicated to making a difference, one story at a time. She’s helped thousands tell their stories and founded the “Book Bound Workshop”. Michelle has published many successful books of her own, including her best-selling Winning In Life Now and her latest The Power of Authority. She is known as “America’s Productivity Coach”, is a certified Human Behavior Consultant, and dedicates herself to helping leaders impact the world using the strengths and talents already within them.
She is also a dynamic speaker and has been endorsed by some of the most influential speakers in personal development, including Zig Ziglar, and is a Ziglar Legacy Certified speaker/trainer.
DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE
- The power of authority
- Sharing your story – when and how to get it out there
- Positioning yourself as an expert
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
New and Improved Version of Ann Handley’s Classic
Never read, Everybody Writes by Ann Handley? Get to it…
…if you want to create great content with less struggle.
If you’ve read the book before, you still may want to get the revised and expanded edition (released earlier this year).
This is one of those books I’ve read multiple times. The new edition feels like a brand new book. Highly recommended for content creators of all experience and skill levels.
Super Simple Highlighter for Chrome
From time to time, I want to highlight content I read online — so I can return to the page and find the important stuff later.
I do this for my own personal note-taking. And I highlight content that I later share in online presentations or coaching calls.
Enter Super Simple Highlighter — an extension for the Chrome browser. This is a free tool that allows you to highlight text on a web page. Next time you return to that page, your highlights will be there for you.
I love this tool!
Words to Ponder…
…from Leo Burnett
I recently borrowed from the library a copy of Communications of an Advertising Man — a VERY hard-to-find book by the legendary Leo Burnett. (The only copy I could find for sale costs $1,400).
Here’s are some great quotes from the book:
“Most writers, when they become sincere are merely dull. Most writers, when they try to get warm and human, succeed merely in being cute. Our problem is how to be sincere, believable and warm but colorful and provocative at the same time…”
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...