Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.08.08
4 (Stoic) Secrets To The Good Life
Here’s another great video from Ryan Holiday, author of “The Daily Stoic” and several other great books. Here’s the video description from Ryan’s YouTube channel:
Virtue is one of those words that contains multitudes.
If you think about it, being virtuous is not doing one thing all the time, or even lots of things all at once. It’s doing all the right things—the important things—in those moments when they matter most. Which is every moment. Day by day, It’s about taking the right actions and holding yourself to the highest standard.
In this video Ryan Holiday outlines the 4 Stoic virtues that will improve your life, if you live by them…
Recommended Viewing / Listening
The Business-Building Power of Intentional Encouragement
In the latest episode of the Story Power Marketing Show, my guest is Brian Sexton, who is all about relationship-building and what he calls “Intentional encouragement.” Brian is a seasoned specialist in Sales, Sales Management, Territory Building and Customer Engagement.
In this episode, we discuss:
- The importance of personal connection in marketing and sales.
- What is “intentional encouragement” and why does it matter?
- How marketing and sales has changed over the last 30 years.
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
A Timeless Classic from Dale Carnegie
Dale Carnegie’s “How to Win Friends…” is another one of those books I read every few years. It’s as applicable today as when it was first published in 1936.
That’s why Ted Prodromou and I have chosen this classic as our August selection for the Mastermind Book Club.
Every month, Ted and I choose a book for club members to discuss. The club is free to join. Here’s a link to join.
You can read the book – but only IF YOU WANT TO.
In the MBC community, members will share short videos, blog posts, and other conversation-starters.
You can comment and participate in any conversation you choose…
…or you can start your post/conversation.
Share insights drawn from the book.
Discuss how to apply those insights to improve your business.
Celebrate success as you or other members implement
The key word above: IMPLEMENT.
Recommended Reading / Viewing
Knowledge is Power. Know How Your Audience Finds You
Samantha Pointer Foxx is a Certified Automation Service Provider. That means she helps businesses automate processes to save time, reduce costs, and increase profits. She also helps you apply technology to gather business-critical insights.
Example: In this video blog post, Samantha reveals tools and tactic to track where your web traffic comes from. If you don’t know where your traffic comes from, you have no idea what lead generation tactics are working or not. You’re flying blind.
Great advice from Samantha here.
…from a Modern-Day Stoic
If you want to try to make the world a slightly better place, there’s a lot you can do. But only one thing guarantees an impact. Step away from the simulation. Step away from the argument. Dig yourself out of the rubble. Stop wasting time with how things should be, would be, could be. Be that thing.
– Ryan Holiday
Don’t Waste Time Arguing What A Good Man Is. Be One
p.s. Coaches, consultants and other business leaders turn to me to power-up their stories because most dish out the same old boring, "blah, blah, blah" content, turn off prospects and then feel frustrated and stuck. So I help them transform content from boring to brilliant, turn the marketing process from frustrating to fun, and convert results from pitiful to profitable. Bottom line, you can fire up prospects and inspire them to hire you with story-powered content that's simple to create. I'll show you how. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you land more clients without pitching and prodding:
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...
"*" indicates required fields