Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.07.25
The Power of Authentic, Human-to-Human Contact
In this post, Mike discusses the power of HUMAN prospecting — and why it’s more effective than the robotic garbage so many dish out these days.
Recommended Viewing / Listening
How to Nurture Lasting Love with Your Spouse and Your Clients
I love the Go-Giver books by Bob Burg and John David Mann.
So when I heard that John and his wife, Ana Gabriel Mann, had co-written The Go-Giver Marriage, I pre-ordered a copy and devoured the book when it arrived…
…and then I John and Ana to be guests on my podcast. They accepted my proposal, and we had a great conversation.
In this episode of The Story Power Marketing Show, we discuss:
- How to shift the tone of your relationship and build a foundation for lasting love
- The behaviors that destroy a relationship, and how to change them.
- Why a relationship can be such a challenge — and why it is such a powerful opportunity.
Note the word “relationship,” instead of “marriage.” This book IS about marriages. But…
…all of the above applies not just to your relationship with your spouse, but also your relationship with clients and prospects.
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
“One of the best crime novels of the year”
Speaking of John David Mann… Last year, he published his first novel — a thriller called Steel Fear, co-written with former Navy Seal Brandon Webb. I recommended that book in this July 2021 Monday Mash-Up.
Mann and Webb are back with Cold Fear — another thriller that’s better than the first one. I’m plowing through it now, and I recommend it.
More Recommended Reading
The Wrong and Short of It
Thanks to Tom Fishburne (The Marketoonist) for recommending this fantastic post by Tom Roach.
“Long term ‘VS’ short term is probably the most commonly cited false choice in marketing,” Roach writes. You must combine the power of short and long-term effects to build a brand and grow your business, he says.
This post is long and complex. But it’s loaded with valuable insights that can help you grow your business.
…from Walter Payton
Football great Walter Payton was born on this day (July 25) in 1954. He said this…
“I am happy to say that everyone that I have met in my life, I have gained something from them; be it negative or positive, it has enforced and reinforced my life in some aspect.”
p.s. Coaches, consultants and other business leaders turn to me to power-up their stories because most dish out the same old boring, "blah, blah, blah" content, turn off prospects and then feel frustrated and stuck. So I help them transform content from boring to brilliant, turn the marketing process from frustrating to fun, and convert results from pitiful to profitable. Bottom line, you can fire up prospects and inspire them to hire you with story-powered content that's simple to create. I'll show you how. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you land more clients without pitching and prodding:
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...
"*" indicates required fields