Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.07.18
Smashing the Plateau
I’ve began listening to David Shriner-Cahn’s podcast, Smashing the Plateau, since soon after I met him earlier this year. I think David and his podcast are great!
I was honored to be his guest recently, and the episode dropped this morning. We discussed:
- Why I started Story Power Marketing
- Why I decided to focus on expert-based businesses
- Why relationships are so important
- How storytelling distinguishes you as an expert
Go here for episode audio and transcript or find the episode anywhere you get your favorite podcasts.
Stunning Images from Outer Space
This is EASILY the coolest thing I read/saw over the weekend (and, actually, in months). Thanks, Mom, for sending me the link.
It’s an article from the Washington Post, showing photos from NASA’s Webb telescope. From the Post’s summary:
These stunning images are rich with information about the universe. They show the interplay of galaxies and the birth and death of stars…The Washington Post asked astronomers to help explain what we’re seeing from images taken by the most powerful space telescope ever built.”
All I can say is WOW!
Recommended Viewing / Listening
How to Escape Procrastination Prison
Les Watson is all about running your business more efficiently. That begins with priorities. And setting priorities begins by choosing that ONE THING you need to focus on now.
Les and I had a GREAT conversation on my podcast, The Story Power Marketing Show.
The episode is called: “How to Escape from Procrastination Prison.”
Here’s an excerpt video where Les talks about setting priorities.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
John Wooden on the Difference Between Winning & Succeeding
Legendary basketball coach delivered this TED talk in 2009. It’s loaded with wisdom. This is one I’ve watched again and again…
…from John Wooden
Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
p.s. Coaches, consultants and other business leaders turn to me to power-up their stories because most dish out the same old boring, "blah, blah, blah" content, turn off prospects and then feel frustrated and stuck. So I help them transform content from boring to brilliant, turn the marketing process from frustrating to fun, and convert results from pitiful to profitable. Bottom line, you can fire up prospects and inspire them to hire you with story-powered content that's simple to create. I'll show you how. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you land more clients without pitching and prodding:
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...
"*" indicates required fields