Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.04.04
Organize All Your Shift
I use and recommend Shift — a desktop application for Mac and Windows that organizes all your stuff on one screen — so you’re not jumping from window to another all day long. Especially helpful if you juggle more than one email account.
Here’s a quick overview video.
Free to get started. $100/year for the version I use. TryShift.com
Brian Kurtz’s Tribute to Joe Sugarman
I’ve written a lot the last couple of weeks about the great copywriter Joe Sugarman who passed away last month. One last bit about him…
A great blog post by Brian Kurtz who knew Joe. This is a great reflection a “marketing superhero” — loaded with insights…
Recommended Viewing and Reading
The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey
I’m a big Samuel L. Jackson fan. And I’ve been devouring his new Apple TV+ series, The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey. Here’s the description of the six-episode series:
“The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey” stars Samuel L. Jackson as Ptolemy Grey, an ailing man forgotten by his family, by his friends, and by even himself. Suddenly left without his trusted caretaker and on the brink of sinking even deeper into a lonely dementia, Ptolemy is assigned to the care of orphaned teenager Robyn, played by Dominique Fishback. When they learn about a treatment that can restore Ptolemy’s dementia-addled memories, it begins a journey toward shocking truths about the past, present and future.
Here’s the trailer:
If you watch the series, let me know what you think.
What I’m Listening To…
“Coming Home” by Drew and Ellie Holcomb
Since concerts are on hold for a while more, I’ve been sending periodic Song of the Day emails to the list.
I thought you’d like this one that I shared with the list yesterday.
Also, I share ALL of the songs on public Apple and Spotify playlists. Here are those playlist links:
Words to Ponder
“Procrastination is the most common manifestation of Resistance because it’s the easiest to rationalize. We don’t tell ourselves, ‘I’m never going to write my symphony.’ Instead we say, ‘I am going to write my symphony; I’m just going to start tomorrow.’
from “The War of Art” by Steven Pressfield and Shawn Coyne
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...