Monday Mash-Up – 2022.01.17
Wise Words From…
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
I usually include a quote at the end of the Mash-Up, but today, I will lead with one from MLK:
“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”
The Power of Visual Thinking
I love this TED talk by Todd Cherches. Here’s the YouTube description:
How do you get an idea out of your head and into someone else’s so that they can “see” what you’re saying? In this enlightening and entertaining talk, Todd Cherches shares his personal story to show how you can change perceptions — and change the world – through the magic and the power of visual thinking.
My Favorite New Podcast: Storytime with Seth Rogen
Great stories. Funny commentary. Excellent guests. I love Seth Rogen’s podcast. Here’s the trailer…
The Sales-Generating Power of Being Helpful
Here’s a great article from The American Writers and Artists Institute (AWAI): Writers – Use these 4 Easy Tips for Getting Someone to Make a Purchase (It Starts with Being Helpful!)
The headline says it all.
I especially like Key Point #3.
My wife, Melissa, and I hunkered down on this past snowy weekend and went nowhere. Lots of reading in front of the fire. A few great movies. My favorite this weekend: The Courier, starring Benedict Cumberbatch.
It’s a spy-thriller, based on the true story of British businessman Greville Wynne. British and American spies recruit Wynne to act as a courier to shuttle secrets out of the USSR, delivered to him by Soviet officer Oleg Penkovsky (Merab Ninidze). This happens in 1961 in the months leading up to the Cuban Missile Crisis.
Here’s the https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qeo8qs9xohMtrailer.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...