How Intention and Action Lead to Beautiful Creations
My friend Caren Libby posted a beautiful photograph on LinkedIn last week — a meadow with Black-Eyed Susans in full bloom. (That’s the photo above.)
In her post, Caren wrote, “I stumbled across this lovely burst of blossoms in the John F. Kennedy trail in Forest Park.”
I loved the post, and I shared it.
But I had a small bone to pick with Caren. She wasn’t giving herself enough credit for how she created that photo.
Here’s what I said on LinkedIn when I shared her post:
“Thank you, Caren Libby, for capturing some beauty with your lens… and sharing it on LinkedIn. There’s a business and creation story here… You said you ‘stumbled’ upon this. But it was no accident. You were out there, in the park, with your camera, hunting. You didn’t know what you would stumble upon, but you knew you would stumble upon SOMETHING — because you were out there. We don’t create unless we get out there.”
In her LinkedIn profile, Caren calls herself a “Visual Storyteller.” She constantly explores Forest Park and the other photo-worthy spots around St. Louis. She puts in time. She walks the miles. She gets out there and works.
She didn’t “stumble” upon those Black-Eyed Susans. She discovered them because she was marching around Forest Park, intending to see something so she could create a beautiful photo.
That’s how we humans create — with intention and action. It’s not magic. We all have it in us.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...