Do This to Delight and Connect With Your Audience…
I heard a speechwriter describe why her boss — the First Lady of the United States — connected so well with audiences.
“She would have things that she’d want to tell the audience,” the speechwriter said. “She wanted to make sure that she was honoring their stories. She’s always wants to learn about her audiences (“What have they achieved? What do they care about? What are they worried about?) So that she can really speak directly to them.”
Honoring Their Stories
That is such a great great way to think about it.
That is a great formula for political speechwriters trying to woo voters.
That is a great formula for marketers trying to woo prospects…
Make sure you’re honoring THEIR stories.
Learn about your audience. What have they achieved? What do they care about? What are they worried about?
When you know those things, when you know their stories, you can meet them where they are. You speak not just TO them. You speak with them. You honor them.
And when you honor them, you will delight and connect with them.
You will know them better.
They will know, like, and trust you.
They will vote for you.
They’ll do business with you.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...