An Invitation to Learn From my Mistakes…
One of the reasons I’m hosting a free masterclass about lead magnets (Thursday, Dec. 7 2 p.m. — register here)…
…I want you to learn from my lead-magnet mistakes.
An example of one of my lead magnet failures from the early days:
Soon after I started my email marketing software company, MarketVolt, in 2001, I attended a lot of trade shows.
To attract leads to my booth, I would raffle a fancy gizmo — a digital PDA (remember those?), a tablet — that sort of thing.
(“Gimme your business card, and I’ll enter your name in the drawing.”)
We collected hundreds of business cards (LEADS, I thought)…
…worked diligently to enter the contacts in our CRM (it wasn’t easy in those days)…
…and reached out to follow-up.
The problem: We now had a CRM full of people who were very interested in winning a free gizmo but had ZERO interest in our email marketing software.
When you dish out freebies that have nothing to do with your business, you attract freebie-seekers who aren’t good leads.
Then you have to waste your time sorting the good leads from the bad.
A better approach: Create a lead magnet that answers questions or solves problems for your target market. Those who request the lead magnet pre-qualify as those who have problems your product/service can solve.
On Thursday, I’ll share more lead magnet dos and don’ts. The masterclass is called
How to Create Prospect-Attracting Lead Magnets AND Business-Generating Follow-Ups — Quickly & Easily…
…and it’s free to attend. Click the button below to claim your seat.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...