Why You Need to Clean Up Your Stinkin’ Thinkin’
Back when he was a star catcher for the New York Yankees, Yogi Berra told a young teammate, “90% of the game is half mental.”
OK, maybe Yogi wasn’t as good at math as he was at catching, throwing, and hitting. But he had a point.
To succeed in baseball, you need mental focus and confidence.
Same goes in marketing.
That’s why I work with my clients not just on the mechanics of storytelling for business. I focus on the mental side — how to be a confident story-seller.
A few weeks back, I invited Cheryl C. Jones to visit with me on my podcast — The Story Power Marketing Show. Cheryl is a business coach who helps business people rewrite the stories they tell themselves to achieve greater success.
Cheryl and I discussed why so many talented coaches, consultants, and business leaders get stuck when they try to tell their stories and market their services.
“When it comes to talking about what they do, and sharing their gift with prospects, they suffer from fear and from imposter syndrome and from a lack of belief in their themselves a different story than their actual work is demonstrating,” I said.
I asked Cheryl: “What are some tips that you can give them to capture that sense of confidence and skill…when they’re out there talking about themselves or telling the stories that they need to tell to gain new clients?”
Cheryl’s answer was spot on.
Here’s an excerpt from the episode entitled, “How to Clean Up Your Stinkin’ Thinkin’ So You Can Stretch Further and Achieve More.”
You can watch or listen to the entire episode here or tune in wherever you get your favorite podcasts. Just search for “Story Power Marketing Show” and subscribe.
If you like what you see/hear, post a review and spread the word. I’d be grateful!
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...