Tim Dean Life Coach
When I asked Tim Dean to describe his ideal client for me, his answer blew me away.
Tim is a life coach whom I ran into at a networking event.
His ideal client: “Parents of a millenial son or daughter who is living at home.”
We’ve all heard the old adage about finding a niche for your business.
But I had never heard of such a nichy niche.
I was very intrigued, but a little skeptical.
Me: “That’s actually a market?”
Tim: “Oh yeah. Lots of parents hire me to guide the son or daughter. They tell me, ‘We were going to turn the (kid’s) bedroom into an office or yoga studio, and then…’”
The kid came home and wouldn’t leave.
I have twin 21-year-olds about to finish college. I shivered at the thought.
“A lot of millenials are dissatisfied, unmotivated, not feeling like their work is working,” Tim said. “They’re much quicker to jump jobs. The parents want to help.”
Because they want that new office or yoga studio…
…and, Tim added, because they want to be good parents.
“This provides validation for what they’re doing as parents. Some of it is fighting their own stereotypes. They don’t want the world to perceive their children or themselves as failures. Some don’t give a darn about that. They just want to extend their dream of being great parents.”
Sounds like Tim has…
…identified a target market with very particular needs and…
…devised great solutions to address that market’s fears (“junior may never leave and I won’t get my yoga studio or office”) and aspirations (“I want to be a good parent who raises good kids.”)
That’s a good formula for any business: identify a target market with very particular needs and devise great solutions to address that market’s fears and aspirations.
What is your target market? What are the fears and aspirations? What solutions do you offer?
Tim reminds us how important it is to ask and answer these questions.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...