This May be The Hardest Thing I’ve Done All Year…
When I first came up with the idea for my soon-to-be-released Story Power Profit Pack, I thought of publishing it as a pack of playing cards — 52 pointers in all.
I shelved that idea because, as cool as the cards might have looked, they would been less useful than the format I settled on.
I’ve designed the Profit Pack to be a content creation playbook, a manual to help you transform your content from ignored to adored and turn marketing from frustrating to fun.
I encourage you to print it out. Keep it handy. Page through it. Write notes in the margins. (Not possible with a pack of cards)
I may roll out the playing cards eventually. That’s why I decided to stick with 52 strategies, tips, and tactics (a.k.a. pointers) for the Profit Pack.
(Little did I know how painful that decision would be.)
When I drafted my first outline for the Profit Pack, I came up with 127 pointers.
I spent the next several days combining and cutting. I edited the pack down to 61 pointers last week…
…and then I hit a wall.
(BTW, “hit a wall” is a metaphor. If I literally hit a wall, I might break my hand. I shine a spotlight on metaphors, and why they’re powerful, in Pointer #45.)
So I took a break, fired up the TV, and watched “The Shawshank Redemption…”
I figured if Andy Dufresne can swim through 500 yards of raw sewage (that’s not a metaphor)…
…I can edit a list of pointers down from 61 to 52.
And I did!
I worked a lot over the holiday weekend – which created some family discord (an amusing-in-retrospect tale I tell in the Profit Pack’s welcome letter). But it was all worth the effort.
I finished the Profit Pack last night…
…or so I thought.
When I read it this morning, I realized I’d left out one critical pointer, one that can’t be skipped. I thought of it as I reflected on my creation journey.
Easy. That extra pointer will appear in the Profit Pack’s closing letter as a bonus tip. The letter describes what you can do next after reading the Profit Pack and that bonus tip meshes perfectly with that subject.
The Profit Pack goes on sale Thursday. And you, dear subscriber, will see a special offer (only visible for those who read to the bottom). That offer will expire when the ball drops in Times Square on Saturday night.
p.s. I help coaches, consultants, and business leaders discover and deliver powerful stories that captivate prospects and inspire them to act. Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Connect with me on LinkedIn and Facebook and (if not subscribed already) join our email list.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...