Monday Mash-Up ~ 2022.12.26
By bots, for bots…
I love this cartoon, by Tom Fishburne (a.k.a. The Marketoonist). Read the blog post that Fishburne wrote with the cartoon. Insightful, a little scary, and important if you want to cut through the noise and do business with real humans.
Recommended Listening / Viewing
How to Tame the Tech Monster to Grow Your Business
The latest episode on the Story Power Marketing Show podcast…
Anke Hermann is an online tech expert, coach and author of Taming the Tech Monster.
She started her entrepreneurial journey in 2004 when she quit her software developer job in the UK, moved to Spain and started a sewing business. She soon realized that building a business really is a creative process, the same as sewing a dress or developing software – a magical mix of vision, skill and soul.
She now uses everything she’s learned about tech, teaching and business to help mission-driven coaches create, sell and deliver impactful online programs without tech headaches so they can serve their clients in a bigger way.
DISCUSSED IN THIS EPISODE:
- What looks like a tech “problem” never is
- The real cause of people’s tech struggles
- How to tame the tech monster to get technology working for, not against you
- The 3 most common myths around tech and how challenging these stories opens up a whole new world
Here’s an excerpt video.
Full episode video and audio: here. You also can find the podcast by searching for “The Story Power Marketing Show” wherever you find your favorite podcast.
Tips from a Legend
Copywriting legend John Carlton now posts tips on LinkedIn. These posts are can’t-miss-content if you want to create better copy and stand out from the crowd. Here’s the latest post.
“52 Things I Learned in 2022”
Here’s an entertaining article I found on Medium by Tom Whitwell — 52 things he learned this year. Some are funny. Some are scary. Most are interesting. Many have sparked story ideas for future emails, including #2 “A ‘zhènlóuqì’ is an electrical floor shaker sold on Taobao, used to get revenge on noisy neighbours.” (I don’t know what I’ll do with that story, but there’s something there).
btw, I’ve begun to post on Medium. Just a couple of posts so far. But I’ll be posting far more in 2023 — including content you won’t receive by email. Follow me here: https://medium.com/@tom-ruwitch
Words to Ponder…
…From the Marketoonist
“The best marketing doesn’t feel like marketing.”
— Tom Fishburne, Founder & CEO, Marketoonist
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...