There’s a Holiday for THIS!? It’s True
In case it slipped your mind, a reminder:
Today is National Spaghetti Day
You didn’t know?
Me neither, until I consulted HolidaysCalendar.com.
Because of that site, I never miss a big holiday like this one.
More on that in a moment, but first…
…in honor of the big day, I’d like to share one of my favorite Spaghetti stories.
It’s the one about the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) and an April Fools gag it pulled in 1957. On its current affairs program Panorama, the BBC broadcast a fake and FUNNY story about
The Spaghetti Harvest in Switzerland
Here’s a recap video:
And here are a couple of kick-off-the-new-year lessons here for content creators.
Have some fun
If the stodgy, old BBC news division can do it, so can you.
All those tips, recommendations, and other nuggets you plan to put in your emails, blogs, and social posts this year…
…they’ve all been said before. There aren’t any new ideas. There are just new ways to present them.
That’s why storytelling is so important. If you can deliver an idea with a story, some creativity, even some humor, you’ll break through the noise. People will pay attention. They’ll connect more with you personally. They’ll know, like, and trust you. You’ll stand out.
Establish habits and systems to generate content ideas
I habitually check HolidaysCalendar.com. That habit is part of my broader system to generate creative ideas for my emails and blog posts.
I’m planning to host a live 60-minute workshop later this month to break down my system and reveal some of my content-generating secrets.
If you want to discover how to create more interesting and entertaining content…
…if you ever get stuck thinking up ideas for your emails, blogs, or social posts…
This workshop will make your life easier!
I’m keeping this very small so it can be an interactive, hands-on event. Everyone who attends will walk away with great content ideas.
If you’re interested, reply to this email and say, “Tell me more about the workshop.” I’ll work with those who reply to choose a date/time that fits everyone’s schedule.
Thanks for reading and Happy Spaghetti Day.
Whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you’ll land more clients:
2) Attend our free training: “How to Harness the Magnetic Power of Storytelling…” Discover how to transform marketing from a confusing, resource-draining hassle into something that’s simple, fun AND productive. Details and registration here.
3) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
4) Become a Story Power VIP in the Content Transformation Academy: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Weekly masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
5) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
6) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...