She Asked For Help and Then… 🙄
A few months back, I met a business coach who asked for my help with email marketing.
She wanted help, especially, with the follow-up emails for new followers. She said she “really struggles” with this.
She shared a few of the follow-up emails she now sends, and I gave her some free advice. Then I sent her a proposal for a deeper engagement.
She didn’t respond for weeks, and then she sent a quick message saying she’d get back to me soon (“I’m busy traveling.”)
Meanwhile, I’d joined her email list. Last week, I received an email from her that pitched a free training on…
…wait for it…
…”real, effective follow up.”
She wrote: “I’m always focused on how to best follow up, how to get people to take action, want more, sign up, etc. I’ve had a very successful follow up systems since before even starting my business.”
🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄
The internets are littered with people who claim to know things they don’t know.
Spend 10 minutes on Reddit and you’ll find “marketing consultants” asking how to market their businesses.
I found one this morning who just started a digital marketing agency.
He asked the Reddit community for help because he doesn’t know how to grow his business.
Meanwhile, on his website, he claims he can “unlock your digital potential” and “generate new leads” (among other lofty promises).
🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄 🙄
Last month, after delivering a free marketing masterclasses, one of the attendees thanked me for being “so generous” with my time.
…but there’s a method to this madness.
I generously share what I know (through week-daily emails, free masterclasses, complimentary downloads, and other resources)…
…to demonstrate my expertise…
…to show you what it’s like to work with me…
…to give you a sense of how I can serve you…
…so — when you’re ready — you can buy from me with clarity and confidence.
Those who purchase my products, invest in my workshops and masterminds, or hire me as a one-on-one consultant because they know, like, and TRUST me before they reach for their wallet.
Speaking of “successful follow-up systems,” I’ve got ’em. And I’ll show you some.
Later this month, I’ll host a free masterclass where I’ll share strategies, tactics, AND tools I employ to follow-up with new subscribers, downloaders, and event attendees. These follow-up sequences strengthen relationships and turn followers into clients.
If you’d like to attend, reply and put “gimme follow-up tips” in the BODY of the email (you must reply with that exact phrase in the email). I’ll circle back with event details later this week.
Don't go away yet..
p.s. Coaches, authors, and consultants hire me to power-up their creative content and storytelling to captivate prospects, stand-out and book more business.
Whenever you're ready, here are several ways I can help you become a storytelling stand-out so you'll land more clients without pitching and prodding:
1) Get the Story Power Profit Pack -- 52 Strategies, Tips, and Tactics to Transform Your Content from Ignored to Adored.
2) Watch the free, 7-minute Micro-Training: “The 3 Most Important Storytelling Keys to Captivate Prospects and Inspire Them to Act -- Without Pitching and Prodding.”
3) Become a Story Power VIP: Master how to discover, assemble, and deliver business-building stories. Twice-monthly live masterclasses. Members-only content. One-on-one feedback and consulting sessions. And more… If you'd like to learn more about our VIP program, just reply to this email and put "Story Power VIP" in the subject line. I’ll contact you with more details.
4) Work with me one-on-one: If you’re interested in working directly with me -- to discover, assemble, and deliver powerful, business-building stories -- simply reply to this email and change the subject line to "Private Client." Tell me a little about yourself, your business, and what you'd like to accomplish, and I'll reply to discuss options.
5) Invite me to speak at an event: I can tailor a presentation that meets the specific needs of your organization. Informative. Entertaining. Virtual or live. Potential for continuing education credits when applicable for your group. If interested, reply to this email and change the subject line to “Speaking Engagement.” I’ll circle back to discuss the possibilities.
Want to get great content like this...
...delivered straight to your inbox?
Join our email list...